If you’ve been following my adventures for some time, you already know how obsessed I am with The Vampire Diaries. Seriously, it really is part of my life. Hence the reason why an epic golf cart tour of Mystic Falls sounds like absolute perfection!
I love talking about Mystic Falls–the fictional town in which the show takes place. IRL, it’s actually a super cute town filled with The Vampire Diaries filming locations.
This real town that transformed into Mystic Falls, is none other than the city of Covington, Georgia. Yeap, there goes another big reason why I love Georgia so much. I just love it when I get to see actual filming locations of movies or shows that I’ve watched.
In fact, due to the great number of films that take place here, Covington is referred to as the Hollywood of the South. With so many great filming locations, it makes total sense to want to do a self-guided golf cart tour of Mystic Falls. And I’m going to show you how to do it and where to stop!
Steps for Renting a Golf Cart for your Tour of Mystic Falls
When planning things to do in Covington, a golf cart tour of Mystic Falls should be at the top of your list. It’s a super fun way to explore the town and visit other filiming locations.
Some of the other films and shows that have been filmed here are Sweet Magnolias, Footloose, and Dukes of Hazzard, just to name a few.
Additionally, once you arrive, you will immediately fall in love with the charm of this picturesque town.
So, where should you start?
1. Make your golf cart reservation with Cov Carts
Cov Carts is a family-operated business in Covington with whom you can rent golf carts for your self-guided tours. They provide maps for certain tours and have great deals on multi-day rentals.
For a single-day rental, the fees are as follows. The hourly rental is $40, 1/2 day rental (4 hrs) is $150 and a full-day rental (8 hrs) is $250.
For a self-guided tour of Mystic Falls, I highly recommend the full-day rental. This gives you enough time to visit all of the filming locations of The Vampire Diaries, take great pictures, and explore the town square.
2. Grab a map for your tour of Mystic Falls
Without a map, you’ll pretty much be going around in circles. Not that I wouldn’t mind the views, anyway. However, to make the most of your trip to Mystic Falls, time is of the essence.
But don’t worry! To make your trip planning much easier, I got you covered with all the stops for your self-guided tour of Mystic Falls.
You’re welcome! 😌
Self-Guided Tour of Mystic Falls: The Vampire Diaries Filming Locations
Take notes and enjoy your Cov Carts golf cart ride! And while you’re here, don’t forget to make a stop at Scoops for delicious ice cream. Also, be sure to explore Covington’s town square to its fullest! It’s very much worth it and I’m sure you will have an amazing time.
Drum roll…this is your self-guided tour of Mystic Falls.
1. Start your tour of Mystic Falls at the Courthouse and Clock Tower, located in the center of the town
2. The Mystic Grill restaurant and The Alley, right across the clock tower
3. Dr. Gilbert’s Office – 1105 Washington St, SW, Covington, GA
4. Caroline’s Accident [Season 1] – Elm Street, South of College Ave., Covington, GA
5. Elena’s House – 2104 Floyd St NE, Covington, GA
6. Sheriff Forbes’ Funeral – 1113 Conyers St SW, Covington, GA
7. Caroline Forbes’ House – 2118 Floyd St NE, Covington, GA
8. Lockwood Mansion – 2129 East St, Covington, GA
9. Isobel’s House – 2146 Conyers St SW, Covington, GA
10. Self-Guided Tour of Mystic Falls: Gram’s House – 2136 Conyers St SE, Covington, GA
11. Mystic Falls Cemetery – Southview Dr, Covington, GA
12. Self-Guided Tour of Mystic Falls: Damon/Elena kiss – Academy Springs Park, 3120 Conyers St SE, Covington, GA
13. Witches Mansion aka Witches Burial Ground – 3188 Conyers St., Covington, GA
14. Conyers Street Gym [50’s Dance] – 1146 Conyers St SE, Covington, GACheck out this Self-Guided Golf Cart Tour of Mystic Falls! #mysticfalls #thevampirediaries Click To Tweet
15. Flashback Lockwood Mansion – 2176 Monticello St SW, Covington, GA
16. Rebekah’s House – 3115 Pennington St SW, Covington, GA
More Filming Locations to See on this Self-Guided Tour of Mystic Falls
17. Bree’s Bar – 4139 Emory St NW, Covington, GA
18. ‘Whitmore College’ – [Oxford College] 801 Emory St, Oxford, GA
19. Sharp Gym [20’s Decade Dance] – 2140 Newton Dr., Covington, GA
Would you enjoy this self-guided golf cart tour of the real Mystic Falls? Let me know in the comments!
Like it? Pin it! Share it!